Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekends in Review

Thanks for bearing with my cranky-post Thursday.  After my rant (hopefully slightly funny and not just whiny), a run, and a good sleep things starting looking up on Friday.  So here is the post I planned to put up Thursday.

Two weekends ago my sister came into town.  She came without her kids, without her husband. She came by airplane.  She came for the queen bed all to herself with no kids climbing in at 2am.  She came for the long leisurely dinner out with two beers.  Most importantly, she came for the Dixie Chicks!  They did a Canadian tour and played in Hamilton Ontario, which is about 2 hours away.   We made a day of it Saturday and went up to Niagara-on-the-Lake, a cute artsy town on Lake Ontario.

I definitely want to go back and explore Niagara-on-the-Lake when it is a bit warmer.

The concert itself was great! They played their hits chronologically and put on a very good show. Those three women are magical together, much better than apart.  The stadium was absolutely packed.  For a group that hasn't put out music since 2006, they still have quite the fan base.

When a concert is 98% women, there is no need to have a men's room.  Granted, the women's room didn't have a line  (my sister went there) - details, details.

Kevin and I also went to the musical War Horse. I thought it was tragically sad throughout.  It was funny how I stopped seeing the man standing next to the puppet (directing the head) after a little bit and only saw the horse.


This past weekend was much less packed.   It was a good mix of chores/errands/down time/socializing. So uneventful I have no pictures to show for it (well, except for a couple for a post coming Thursday).






1 comment:

  1. The Dixie Chicks?!?! I love them! I gotta see when they are touring - had no idea they were still touring because Natalie just put out her own CD. Yay!! And yeah, all women concerts are awesome. That's how Ani Difranco's was - and it's so great to have that supportive positive powerful energy with a group of women. And it looks beautiful where you live!

    ReplyDelete