I'm not sure if you've noticed the pattern but I try to post on Mondays and Thursdays. Sometimes Saturdays too if I have a lot to say. I didn't have a post lined up for today and was going to post about this past weekend (it involved my sister, the Dixie Chicks, and the musical Warhorse - so it was a really good one) but I've been in a pretty foul mood today. Mostly my foul mood has to do with work but I'm not so much of an idiot as to complain about it on the internet. So I'll tell you about the other things bugging me lately. You're welcome.
1. "Healthy" Living Bloggers. I read a few and I get so annoyed by them. They post pictures of all the exercise they do and everything they eat. Exercise vastly outweighs the food. They'll post a picture of this tiny salad and say, "I ate the whole thing, #omgsofull!" I'm sorry but if you run 10 miles/eat 1,500 calories a day you are not healthy, you have a problem. They post a ton of selfie's and the subtext is #soskinny, #sohealthy. It is not healthy, it is disordered. Get off the internet and into therapy you effing menace.
[I say this as someone who overcame an eating disorder - I had one all through my teens and twenties. I'm really glad these "healthy role models" weren't around when I was recovering, I imagine it would have been a lot harder.]
2. Neighborhood Associations. Even though we lived in our neighborhood for three years before buying our house we didn't really join any of the neighborhood groups. After we bought the house we decided we should try to make an effort to be a part of the community so I joined a couple of committees (Kevin has yet to - smart man). Wow, it is a bit like middle school! There is a lot of talking behind backs, complaining about how something is done even though they're not part of it themselves, and general drama. I wonder if it is too late to revive the "we're not joiners" excuse.
3. Roxy. I'm a terrible dog owner for saying this, but she is driving me crazy. I've started to refer to our walks as "stop and sniffs" since there is not a lot of walking going on. It takes us a full 30 minutes to go .25 miles and then as soon as we get inside she wants to be chased around the house. If I don't chase her (since I just walked her) she acts SO BORED. [Mom/Dad, KMC2 - don't you want to come live with us when you get old? I'm so patient and loving!]
4. Drivers not stopping for me in the crosswalk. This is my biggest pet peeve about where we live. No one stops for me when I'm crossing in a crosswalk. That is the point of crosswalks! A crosswalk is only safer for me if cars actually stop, otherwise I might as well cross anywhere. I may or may not be the crazy lady yelling "CROSSWALK! CROSSSSWAAALLLK!" as cars speed by me. And I'm pretty sure one of the cars I (may or may not have) yelled at was a coworker. She avoids me now.
5. Apples. I hate apples so much right now. I want to throw all the apples in my fridge (trust me there are a lot) at all of the above. Except for Roxy, I'm not that mean.
This has been making me laugh despite my foul mood. I love how both of these guys refuse to answer the question. (Via)