Monday, August 26, 2013

DIY: Refinishing a Porch

One thing I've learned since buying our house in February is that I really don't like DIY projects all that much.  I thought I would, but considering I've only done one project so far, I don't think it is my thing.  I'll leave it to Kevin - who is quite good at them.

He recently refinished the carriage house porch.  It was in desperate need of refinishing:



We decided to try Rustoleum Restore.  Honestly, if it was our porch we may have stripped and stained it, but we are seeking a time/money balance for our rentals.  We'd like to keep them in tip-top shape but also they are an investment so we need to be efficient.  This product promised to be pretty quick (we Kevin just needed to lightly scrape and paint on the Restore).  It should protect the wood for at least 10 years.  So we decided to try it.


(I did help him scrape.)

Can you spot the naughty dog in this picture?

How about now?  He climbed up on the kitchen table so he could see us.

So after scraping and rolling it on like paint we ended up with this:


Not bad for a weekend project.    And a big improvement.







No comments:

Post a Comment