Monday, August 19, 2013

Gardening 2013 Update

Our garden has not been a priority this year.  This summer has pretty much disappeared (I can't believe we're in the second half of August already).  We've been pretty busy working on the house, and have not done that much since the "before" pictures I posted in April.  There is always next year...






Weeds are overtaking the side yard.  Our initial plan was to extend the fence and have a bigger fenced in area but now I am thinking I'd like to put an additional parking spot there.  Parking is our limiting factor and an extra spot would be great.  I'm not sure the city would go for it though...

As for our vegetables:

The peas were a flop - they didn't climb the iron thing and there wasn't enough time between when I planted them and it got too hot.  So we didn't really get any peas.  The tomatoes and the peppers are doing well though:



The courtyard is pretty overgrown and wild but I kind of like it that way.  We'd still like to get a table and chairs out there as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment