Monday, February 18, 2013

Jewelry Storage

I had been wanting to reorganize my jewelry for awhile now.



I forgot to take a before picture, but if you would imagine everything in a jumbled mess in that jewelry box.

I had two objectives: The first was to make it so I would be able to see all of my jewelry at once and not have to go digging.  I would often wear the same jewelry for weeks on end because that is what was on top and all I could see.  I wanted a system that displayed most of it so I could utilize more of it.  My other objective was to not spend any money (so only repurpose stuff we already had).

Here is how I did:



In our wedding ceremony we had a "blessing of the rings" (while the ceremony was going on the rings passed through all of our guests so they could bless them). Here is a picture from the day:



I bought the ring bowl from Paloma's Nest (Etsy) with the intention of using it to store jewelry after the wedding. My studs fit nicely in there.





I also repurposed two wooden bowls for bracelets and necklaces as well as a teacup for hair accessories.  We're mug people (the bigger the better) so don't really have a use for the teacup set we have from Kevin's grandmother.  It works well for hairties though, I think I'll put another in the bathroom.

In our old apartment we didn't have a lot of cabinet space so used a mug tree.  We have plenty of cabinet space now.  As I was about to put it in the box destined for Goodwill, I thought it would be good for necklaces.



True inspiration hit for my earring holder.  I was stumped about what to do with my dangly earrings.  I was googling around for ideas and resigned to keeping an eye out for something at Goodwill when I looked up and saw an iron vase.  It is an antique my mom bought me a few years ago.  I've always liked it but we never used it as a vase and then I broke one of the three glasses that went into it.  I had been thinking about giving it away but now I've found a fantastic use for it:



(Its hard to imagine as a vase - where the earrings are is the bottom and three glass cylinder vases would go through the holes in the now back).

No comments:

Post a Comment