Thursday, March 14, 2013

Repurposing Frames

I've already told you how much I love Goodwill for clothes shopping.  Well since buying the house I've discovered another reason to love that treasure trove: cheap picture frames!

On my last trip to the charity store, I scoured the frames section and came up with half a dozen frames for an average of $4 each.  I did buy a couple of new in the box solid wood frames for $6 each which threw off the average.  Most of them were in the $2-$3 range.

I cleaned them up with WD-40 and vinegar.  Kevin taught me that WD-40 is great to get stickers and other stuck things off glass and windows.

Some of the frames were framed art (vs. picture frames) and had sealed cardboard or paper on the back.  That is okay, just use a knife and a flat head screwdriver to peel it off.



Usually there are staples holding the art in; use the screwdriver to bend them back.



Pop the old art out and your picture in.   (The back will look a bit unfinished without the cardboard but once on the wall no one will see it.):








Voila!  A framed picture for a song.  I blurred out my niece's face to comply with my no faces rule, you'll have to take my word for it that she is adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment